Stop the Militarization of Local Police

Contact your Representatives:

Below is information you can use to easily take action on an issue relevant to PSJ. By clicking "Information Summary" you can learn about an issue currently active in Washington, DC. If you would like to send a message to your representatives, there is a brief statement that you can send them (cut-and-paste, as-is or modified). By clicking one of the links under "Contact info is here:" you will be taken to a web page where you can paste the suggested text into a message addressed directly to a Senator or Congressman.

Information Summary

Contact info is here:

Email Senator Tammy Duckworth

Email Senator Dick Durbin

Suggested message for you to send:

I'm a constituent from Glen Ellyn and I'm writing today to urge you to support the amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that limits the transfer of surplus military equipment to local law enforcement. The militarization of our police departments creates a more dangerous environment for both the officers and the communities they serve.

Thank you for your time and attention.